Thomas
Thomas, General Contractor
Experience:  Owner/ Vice President
95840562

What is the best way to find an insurance or re modeler

Customer Question

What is the best way to find an insurance or re modeler estimator?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 10 months ago.

Good morning Steve,
Are you looking to hire someone full time or are you looking for a freelancer?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
A freelancer. I am not a detail oriented person and need to produce a proposal for a diverse 203K. It's worth it to me to bring someone in to handle scope and measurements. I was thinking an adjuster would make sense.
Expert:  Rick replied 10 months ago.

Ok, I'm going to opt out on this one. I've never heard of any estimators or insurance adjusters working freelance. Maybe one of my colleagues has a line on this.

Expert:  Rick replied 10 months ago.

Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Expert:  Thomas replied 10 months ago.

Can you give me an idea of what area you are in and what type of project is it, commercial or residential building?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
NJ. 203K residential work. Need to submit detailed proposal of work scope.
Expert:  Thomas replied 10 months ago.

Ok...while we have done projects in many regions, we have only done one in your area a number of years ago and unfortunately I cannot refer you to anyone. However, I am going to attach a form we use for our detailed estimates. If you get into a bind and cannot find someone, at least you can take a shot at using this. It is in EXCEL format so you can try it out and see if it works for you, as mentioned, if you get into a bind. This may help you be able to take care of doing it yourself if you already know the breakdown and since you have the total already. It also has a schedule tab as well. I hope this is helpful! I'm sorry this was not in our region or we would be more than happy to assist you with your proposal. Thanks again for using JA!