Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I have a Genie model AR-30 that both my remotes stopped

Customer Question

I have a Genie model AR-30 that both my remotes stopped working. I tried new batteries and reprogramming new codes. Both did not work. My documentation has a frequency code listed but I don't know how to convert it to the remote.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Acouple of months
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is eddie. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. With your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved. I will do my best to provide you with a satisfactory and a reasonable answer.

If I may ask:

~~PLEASE CUT AND PASTE THE NUMBERED QUESTIONS AND PUT YOUR ANSWERS NEXT TO THEM~~

1-) The make Genie and model AR-30 and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do they have an amber, or green light that is on steady and not flickering?

4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many remotes

5-) any flashing lights on the opener and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button

6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

7-) what happened that made it go from working to non working ?

8-) are you using ONLY the equipment that came with this opener?

9-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive?

10-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor?......it goes partial way?........reverses?

11-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Please, since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1-) The make Genie and model AR-30 and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it? Yes. The front of the manual has "G-5700-2" written on it. Is this the model number?2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner. At least 17 years old. Was in house when bought.3-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do they have an amber, or green light that is on steady and not flickering? Green, steady on.4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many remotes. I working wall control and 2 remotes5-) any flashing lights on the opener and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button. No blinking lights, or learn button. The opener and remotes have dip switches.6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage? No.7-) what happened that made it go from working to non working ? The remotes quit. The opener still works with the wall control.8-) are you using ONLY the equipment that came with this opener? Yes9-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive? Screw drive10-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor?......it goes partial way?........reverses? Nothing happens and I don't hear the motor11-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary? Yes
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

okay what we want do is keep things simple at first and get more creative if we have to.............

HARD RESET: unplug the opener what should be for a good minute......in the meantime remove the batteries from the transmitters including the key less.....and if you have a battery back-up.....plug back in the opener and replace the batteries which should be fresh

Do you know how to re program the transmitters? Hold them with-in 16 inches of the opener when you do

Please let me know how it goes

Thanks

Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I may receive credit for my help. I'm very passionate and proud of my work here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie