canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience:  i have extensive experience in the home improvement industry. my current job is at lowes home improvement.
64367226

Can I add some R134A to an R22 system. The system works but

Customer Question

Can I add some R134A to an R22 system.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: The system works but the temperature of the cooled air isn't as cold as it use to be. 68 vs 60
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: All hes been checked. Last year the shrader valves were replaced and the system charged. It worked ok until this year. Redding, CA. heet is 100 per day on average.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I always try to first.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I still own my first 5 cars.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. No you must add the correct type of Freon to your system and the pressure should be tested before anything is added. The incorrect Freon will damage your compressor.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?

Expert:  canuck the pro replied 11 months ago.

Expert:  canuck the pro replied 10 months ago.

I see you still have not positively rated my service. Although the only way that I get paid is when my service is positively rated, it also tells me that you have not received the information that you were seeking to find a solution to your issue. Will you let me know what affect the information I provided had on the issue at hand and how else I may be able to help?