Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

The last three days when I open or close my garage door with

Customer Question

The last three days when I open or close my garage door with my liftmaster remote, it also opens or closes my neighbors garage door. I have not changed a thing. He says he hasn't either. His remote (also a liftmaster) will not operate mine. I now need to operate mine only with the wall switch, (certainly not why I have a remote) HELP
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 11 months ago.

Hi Sandy you will have to change things .....we can start here......

what I would like to do is erase the transmitters then a hard reset and then and re program.......then we will ge more creative as we go

ERASE THE TRANSMITTERS: hold down the learn button for 6 or 7 seconds

HARD RESET: unplug the opener what should be for a good minute......in the meantime remove the batteries from the transmitters including the key less.....and if you have a battery back-up.....plug back in the opener and replace the batteries which should be fresh

Do you know how to re program the transmitters? Hold them with-in 16 inches of the opener when you do

Please let me know how it goes

Thanks

eddie