Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I have a Chamberlain Elite Robosw3-r900 swing gate opener.

Customer Question

I have a Chamberlain Elite Robosw3-r900 swing gate opener. Installed in 2006. The battery won't stay charged. I have replaced the plug in transformer and the battery. It works for few days with a new battery, then stops. It works when you push the open and close buttons on the circuit board. the 12V 7amp battery reads 12.03 volts now. Only the power light is lit on the circuit board. Anything else I can try before calling a service person?
Category: Home Improvement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent this request yesterday at 3:45. I paid and have heard nothing in response. What should I do?
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

Hi Scott......This probably went to a different category..........what you are saying is that the remote is not working?...............have you tried to re set?.......sometimes you have to press the button a few times

I do want to research this a little more as far as a conversion or even a solar conversion kit .............I will be back with you....... just do me a favor send me back a reply so the ticket doesn't come off my cue or I will lose track of this

Thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eddie, thanks for getting back with me. When the gate battery loses some of its charge, none of the remotes work. I hear a click in the remote transmitter box in the opener, but nothing happens. I did purchase a new internal transmitter also, but realized that was not the problem. Thanks. Scott
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The transformer low voltage power is getting to the surge suppressor that is connected to the circuit board, but can't tell if it is going anywhere from there.
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

just to be sure ..........none of the sprockets are worn or any shavings anywhere?...........I need to know any LED blinking lights .....how many times before a pause

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope. All in excellent condition. The gate works fine when you push the open button on the circuit board. But when the new battery charge goes down a little, the remotes won't open it anymore. Put a new battery in and it works fine for a week or so.
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

I wonder if a conversion kit would resolve this issue ..............still checking in on it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked all the connections. No corrosion anywhere. I hope it's not a board problem. No burned spots or any signs of malfunction outright.
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

and no LED blinking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. None. The power light is on constant.
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

and the fuses ..........you observed them closely?...........I have an e-mail sent for the conversion...........still waiting to hear on that

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both are good. I blew one of them a while back when re hooking up a new battery, but replaced it. There are also LEDs to tell when one is blown.
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

It is hard to find a solution when a blinking LED would most certainly identify what the problem is............the only other thing is to hear about the conversion

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think converting it to solar charging is an option. I will just have to call a repairman.
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

okay sorry I couldn't nail this down so don't rate me ...........but please let me know what happens

thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I will. Of course I have already been charged. Do I need to call the 800 number to get refunded?
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

if you don't rate me I don't get paid ........but you paid for the subscription.......if you want a refund on that then you would contact customer service