Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

What was the 1998 Florida minimum window sill height

Customer Question

What was the 1998 Florida minimum window sill height for fall protection?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

There is no minimum sill height then or now. The code stipulations regarding sill height are that any glass within 18" of the floor must be tempered glass and the maximum sill height for an egress window is 44".

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rick;Today in Florida building codes require a restraining device if the window sill is less than 24 inches above the finished floor. My question is what if any requirements were inn place in 1998 for a restraining device if the window sill is less than 24 inches above the finished floor.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I don't have access to the code from that time period. I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.