Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

Minor but frustrating..1265lm keyless pad can't reset code

Customer Question
to work..red learn button no...
minor but frustrating..1265lm keyless pad can't reset code to work..red learn button no enter button on remote...just * and #
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: 1265LM liftmaster and I think the battery had run out so got a new 9volt and can't get them synched up
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Contractor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Improvement
7/8/2016
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 1 year ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi .......Do you know if that keyless is a Kliker2?......I think we can try something different from what you were doing to get it to work ............we will start by reprogramming in a temporary pin number :

Press * and # ***** together until keypad stops flashing.

Enter a temporary PIN number ............ press #.

Enter ID number yours would be the number 2............ press #.

Press and release the Smart/Learn button on garage door opener.

Enter your 4 digit PIN .......... press the 0 key.

To test and use, wait until light turns off, enter your PIN and press the 0 key

we can start here and see if it works .....please let me know

Thanks

eddie

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's exactly what I had tried with no luck - my learn button the red one is not blinking at all after we press the button

what happened that this control isn't working now?......................is it a new transmitter you are looking to hook up?............was there a power outage? ..............and last it might matter but you should use a 12v instead of a 9v

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No all connections are good the yellow light goes on but i don't knwo how to get it to blink - hold it longer? I am missing a simple fix

If you could answer the questions I asked ...........I am trying to determine what caused all of this

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Control wasn't working because 9 volt battery on keyboard was out - sane transmitter - no power outage

okay maybe you want to try to erase all transmitters and then reprogram............if that doesn't work you probably have a faulty key less or a logic board

ERASE THE TRANSMITTERS: hold down the learn button for 6 or 7 seconds

HARD RESET: unplug the opener what should be for a good minute......in the meantime remove the batteries from the transmitters including the key less.....and if you have a battery back-up.....plug back in the opener and replace the batteries which should be fresh

Do you have a manual? and do you know how to re program the transmitters?

Please let me know the answers to the questions and how it goes

Thanks

eddie

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I may receive credit for my help. I'm very passionate and proud of my work here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie

Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor