Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

I have a 6foot X 7.5 foot older sliding door that was

Customer Question
Hello, I have a 6foot...
Hello, I have a 6foot X 7.5 foot older sliding door that was actually put in the wrong way my the contractor. It is reverse with the screen on the inside of the house. Anyway the door is very heavy and I don't see any brand name. Getting very hard to roll within 2 feet of being closed. Any suggestions?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Several months
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can thing of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Contractor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Improvement
6/26/2016
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 1 year ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ...........can you get the contractor to come back and rectify his costly error ?.........or is it a bad situation now?...............maybe you can upload a few photos ....it would help considerably and we'll see how to reverse this for you

How to send a photo or file instructions

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Thanks

eddie

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Contractor is long gone. Photos will not help

I need to see what type of door and how the install was completed

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cancel this service
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Photos will not help. The install was backwards. The builder did 120 units this way in 1980.
Home Improvement Expert: WCohn, Construction Worker replied 1 year ago
WCohn
WCohn, Construction Worker

Hello, my name is Wade. are you wanting more service?

Brian
Brian
Brian, Architect