Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

I have 6 sections system,#2 & #3 come on at same time.This

Customer Question
year 2,3,&4 are coming onat...
I have 6 sections system,#2 & #3 come on at same time.This year 2,3,&4 are coming onat same time..Maybe solenoid?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/20/2016
Home Improvement Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 1 year ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

Is this an irrigation system? if so what is th brand and model of the controller?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
RainBird sprinkler system..Allrainbird parts
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ESP 6 Model

Sounds like a bad controller not a solenoid issue assuming nothing else has changed . Water pressure is on to the solenoids all the time. If you had a solenoid that wouldn't open then the sprinklers in that zone wouldn't work. If the solenoid was was stuck open or leaking by the sprinklers in that zone would run all the time. The only other thing it could be is a short across the wiring for the 3 zones. If that's the case then the most likely place for it to happen is at the controller.

Brian
Brian
Brian, Architect