Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

Geniedoor open has no power after power outage lights do not

Customer Question
genie*****door open has no power...
genie*****door open has no power after power outage lights do not work is there a reset button or what is wrong
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Improvement
6/17/2016
Home Improvement Expert: Machinc, General Contractor replied 1 year ago
Machinc
Machinc, General Contractor
1: check the circuit breaker that feeds the outlet where the unit is plugged in.
2: even if it does not look tripped turn it off then back on agsin.
3: test the outlet where the open us plugged to see if it has power.
4: if you do not have a meter or tester you can plug s lamp or drop light into it to see if it has power.
5; if the outlet has power but the opener still does not work unplug the opener , wait about 30 seconds and plug back in.
6: if the outlet does not have power after flipping the breaker on and off fnd then back on you will need a meter or tester to check the breaket
7: if there is no power where the wire connects to the screw on the bottom end of the breaker and the breaker switch is on then the breaker is on then the breaket is bad.
NOTE : for step 7 you have to remove the covet off the breaker box. If you are not comfortable
removing the cover or working in
the breaker box you need to call an electrician.
There is no reset button.
I will be glad to answer any questions you may have.
Note: make sure the light bulb at the opener is good.
NOTE: if working off a ground fault outlet or breaker make sure they are reset.
NOTE: check the "sure lock" button on the wall control to make sure it is not on.
The sure lock button can make it look like the door has no power
It should be off
Machinc
Machinc
Machinc, General Contractor