Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

I have a Lazy Boy recliner, and it is about 12 years old.

Customer Question
Something broke. I heard a...
I have a Lazy Boy recliner, and it is about 12 years old. Something broke. I heard a loud noise and now the foot rest will no lock in place. I am trying to find a person to repair the chair. Is there any way you can help me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 1 day by:
6/15/2016
Home Improvement Expert: Machinc, General Contractor replied 1 year ago
Machinc
Machinc, General Contractor
Most of the braces and parts are visible and accessible by turning the chair upside down
Often a brace flips out of place and needs screwing back in place
This is something you possibly could repair yourself or have a handy man take care if
I will post some links to videos
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8VeeZyvdb6Y
There are also some lazyboy repsir centers . Ill get back with a link
When you turn the chair over you should see The broken or loose part
Repairs can be made with wood screws and braces available at hardware stores
http://www.lazyboyreclinersonline.com/where-can-i-take-my-lazyboy-recliner-for-repair/
This is a link that may be helpful
Things to look for :
1:The screws may be loose or missingI will he glad to answer any questions you may have.
2:check the spring or springs making sure they are not loose or bent.
3:check the metal bracket ends for broken or missing catches
4:check the wood making sure is not split or pulled out of place.
5: If A Spring is loose try to find where the end goes and make sure the piece is not broken
Some small local hardware stores have kits for repairing recliner's
I Will be glad to answer any questions you may have
Machinc
Machinc
Machinc, General Contractor