Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

My garage door opener does not when light is on. So I

Customer Question
removed the light bulbs and...
My garage door opener does not when light is on. So I removed the light bulbs and it still does not work. When the 4.5 minute delay for the light is over and light goes off then remote works, Also remote works if I turn off the light at the wall plate. Can you help with a solution? Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Improvement
5/22/2016
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 1 year ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi my name is ***** ***** am a Home Improvement Contractor with a vast array of knowledge in many fields including repairs done in a span of 38 years. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. I am asking you to help me, help you. So if I can ask you to take the time and answer, to the best of your knowledge. I am not on there, on site, and it is that much more difficult for me, or anyone for that matter, to diagnose what the problem could be. That way, with your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved. My goal today will be to provide you with a satisfactory and a reasonable answer to earn an excellent service rating from you.

If I may ask:

1-) The make CRAFTSMAN and model and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be 19 and if you are the original owner

3-) there are safety sensors on your door do they have either an amber, yellow or green light that is on right now?

4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many remotes

5-) any flashing lights that you now notice

6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

7-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Please, since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The model is139.53663SRT.The sensor lights work fine.The remote works to open or close the garage door. Then the light blinks on, but the remote does not work until after the 4.5 minute delay. Or it will work if i light the light button on the wall control. Same problem whether the bulbs are installed or without bulbs.I've changed the battery and I've reprogrammed. So the problem has to be linked to the light.Nothing has changed recently.Yes, I am handy

Hi Ron if you say you tested the bulbs........next is the wall control so unplug the opener and remove the wall control wires from the opener also........take out the batteries from the remotes and key less if you have one....... hold the learn button down for 6 seconds to clear the codes........replace the batteries and plug it back in the opener..........then re program the remote and test if it works the door then the wall control needs fixing........if you are still having the same problem then it is the logic board (about 90.) a new opener starts around 150. ........you might come to that decision

Thanks

eddie

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The wall control is wired into the garage door opener. How do I fix the wall control? I've already already determined that the problem is either there or with the logic board.and hope to save the time and expense of a new logic board.

by removing the wires you are by passing it to see if the remotes work inefficiently still

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and of sound value and would consider a positive rating so I may receive credit for my help. I'm very passionate and proud of my work here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie

Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor