How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rick Your Own Question
Rick, General Contractor
Category: Home Improvement
Satisfied Customers: 21542
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
Type Your Home Improvement Question Here...
Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a kitchen addition that sits on steel poles about 15

Customer Question

We have a kitchen addition that sits on steel poles about 15 feet above ground. It started separating and we had it reinforced in 2011. We want to do a remodel on the inside but were afraid because we thought it was moving again. We had a structural engineer come out and check it out and he found that some of the bolts were loosening and made a few other suggestions. The company we had originally is out of business and we don't know what kind of company to call to fix the problem. Do we hire a contractor or who??
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.A full service remodeling contractor would be your best bet. One that would do both the kitchen and the structural work. Then you have 1 point of contact and 1 source that's responsible for all the work. Many full service contractors have in house kitchen design staff, some don't. If you go with the latter you could consult a kitchen showroom for the design and cabinets, etc. then have the contractor do the installation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We only want the structure fixed.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
A full service remodeling contractor is still your best bet. A carpenter/builder is another option