How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phil Your Own Question
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Category: Home Improvement
Satisfied Customers: 8425
Experience:  Retired contractor, 51 years experience
Type Your Home Improvement Question Here...
Phil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to reduce the noise transmission between the

Customer Question

I would like to reduce the noise transmission between the apartments in a townhouse style duplex built in 1946?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, there are several brands of heavy sound damping sheet rock, some double thick with thick rubber adhesive behind them that will help deaden the sound.

Beyond that it is very important that any electrical outlets on the wall be removed and new sound damping material applied around them.

Click here for a bunch of video's on the topic.

Please do not forget to rate my work, its how I earn a living and does not increase your charges.

Related Home Improvement Questions