Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

How do i get a drip stain out from between the two front…

Customer Question
how do i get a...
how do i get a drip stain out from between the two front glass doors?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
3/14/2016
Home Improvement Expert: Susan Latta, General Contractor replied 2 years ago
Susan Latta
Susan Latta, General Contractor

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

I really hate those pesky drips in between the glass door panes of my oven door! I'll include in this note 3 methods, starting with an easy method and ones that are more complicated depending on how bad the drip is and it's location (and your level of enthusiasm!).

A. Here's the simple method: (I don't know how well this one will work)

1. Remove the access panel or drawer below the oven door.

2. Attach a moistened glass cleaning wipe to a piece of coat hanger wire.

3. Slide the wire and cleaning wipe up through the slots in the bottom of the oven door and run the wire and cleaning solution back and forth until the drip disappears. (You'll need to be on your back on the floor. looking up. to see what you're doing).

B. This method you will actually be taking the oven door off the range and using a drill or screwdriver to take the door apart to get to the glass. Follow these illustrated step-by-step instructions found here: http://scavengerchic.com/2015/07/29/cleaning-between-the-glass-on-oven-doors/

C. Watch this 12 minute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP2OC-NwxYU . There's another video that follows with a little different method, and it's good too.

I think reading both method B and watching method C are the most helpful. Soap (like Dawn) and water, glass spray cleaner, and a white eraser sponge are about all the supplies you'll need; other than a Phillips head screwdriver, work gloves, and heaps of enthusiasm.

I hope this helps! Good luck with your project! Thank you for your question and please feel free to ask any additional questions you may have.

Susan Latta

If you feel I addressed your concerns, please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; this is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

By providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be happy to continue. There is no additional charge for follow-ups.

I was checking back in with you to see if you received my reply and to hear whether these methods where helpful to you. It was very good information so I hope you thought so too.

Please don't forget to rate my answer. Thank you!

Susan

Hi, we are here to help. Please rate my answer or I don't get paid. Thank you!