Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Have an oil burner furnace with a "cleanout". During the…

Customer Question
have an oil burner furnace...
have an oil burner furnace with a "cleanout". During the last two day rain storm water and dirt came in my basement floor via the cleanout. I appears that the cleanout is damage and or never contructed correctly. Can I just fill the cavity with concrete or spray foam to keep the water from coming in.
thanks,
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
cancel this question...not paying $18 per month for answers.
3/7/2016
Home Improvement Expert: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 2 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello John,

Unfortunately you cannot fill the cavity in most circumstances, but I would have to see your particular installation to provide a more accurate answer.

If you can attach a bunch of photo's some taken from a distance so I can get an over view and some close ups of the 'clean out' area, from various angles and very well lit, I can take a look.

Use the paper clip icon at the right end of the tool bar above to attach photo's

We can go from there.