Home Improvement

Home Improvement Questions? Ask a Handyman for Answers

Home Improvement

Chamberlain lift master part no. 41DB002-2, IC: 41A5685

Customer Question
Date: 04/11 The key pad, remotes...
chamberlain lift master part no. 41DB002-2, IC: 41A5685 Date: 04/11
The key pad, remotes, lights and all operation is smooth and operates great.
The problem is there is a whistle sound that beeps about every one minute for the past 6 hours. I think it may be a dead back up battery. I don't have the manual and do not know where the back uo battery is located and how to get to it. HELP
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Improvement
3/6/2016
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 1 year ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi can you tell me what kind of indicator light you are getting on the opener ...........orange? green?.......blinking?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
where is the indicator light?

nothing on the opener? under the lens next to the bulb

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Under the bulb there is a solid red non blinking light.

did you have a power outage that you know of?...................because that red indicator is saying that the door is operating on battery power right now

is there anything else out in the garage?................and is the electrical panel box close by?

that back-up battery might have to be replaced too .............they have a 2 to 5 year life depending on the usage

are you still with me ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I checked and reset the circuit beaker and now change. The wall unit indicates a Bad Battery, see manual. I do not have the manual and do not know where the battery is located. I don't know if it uses a 9 volt or what kind. Where is the battery located?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am waiting for your battery location response. out here it is 1030 pm and I'm going to bed and will check the email n the morning. Where on this unit is the battery located, that is what I need and how to get to it. It's that simple. The location!

on every unit I am showing that there is a compartment door under the lens and to the right of a single bulb..........then there is a screw that opens a cover plate up.........if you could take a few photos .................back.........front ........and sides......... maybe I can find the right year and configuration............and you either have a battery that looks like an IPhone or a big 3 x 3 square ..........when I do get the photos worse comes to worse I can call my garage door supplier tomorrow and narrow it down some

Thanks

eddie

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when I sent in the part number information I included the date: 4/11, April 2011. This part is a two (2) light unit, one (1) on the right and one (1) on the left. Take this and et back to me. In the mean time when I get home from church today, I will take pictures as you wish and get them back to you. I am wasting time with back and forth and I am not going to waste money using back and forth phone calls. All the information I would think you need is with the Part. No. Date and IC numbers.
Thank you!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Firget it. This was just a test for your site. And as I figured, it was a run around.

I really am putting an all out effort in here for you ............I am getting a dead end even at the Chamberlain site

I have done extensive searches on everything ...............batteries........battery compartment, replacement..................got the battery number........ the compartment door part and like I said the only thing I see is the battery door on the right to the bulb .............but you said you have 2 bulbs and I can't find that with your model

as I stated I wanted to call my guy tomorrow because i can't do it today because they are obliviously closed ..........so if you could be a little more patient give me until tomorrow morning ...........if I can't do it by then I will opt out and see if one of my colleagues can come up with something other

and it's not just you .......I don't like getting beat by something...............especially something that is supposed to be simple and it isn't proving to be that way for some reason...............for every battery compartment they can only put it in one place and they are all where I said ........open the plate........pull out the battery disconnect 2 wires .......replace ..............so if you can help me out like you said you would ..........and take those pictures so I can get a visual since I can't be on site and see for myself

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
its done.

hi ..............meaning? did you want me to end my search? and the call I have to make?

okay sorry it didn't work out ...........good luck

Brian
Brian
Brian, Architect