Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

An Elite Miracle 1 gate opener is not working properly, The…

Customer Question
An Elite Miracle 1...

An Elite Miracle 1 gate opener is not working properly

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The motor seems to cut out once the signal is sent from the remote to open the gate. It initiates the opening process with the click that the motor has been told to operate but doesn't get more than an inch before stopping.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
I also checked the control box. The fuses are all intact (no LED's lit up indicating fuses blown). There is also no friction on the gate when unlocked. I have lubricated the interior swing arm with grease. The motor actually seems to cut out after the initial "click" sound when told to open/close. It use to be that the motor would run it's complete cycle to open and to close the gate. It is not currently doing that.
3/5/2016
Home Improvement Expert: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi there,

Have you opened the motor cover to check inside it when you press the open button?

Check if the motor is turning or not, or if a gear is stripped or if the linkage is loose.

The system also requires a working backup battery - when the batteries start to go bad, the symptom you are describing is one of the things that happens. You may need to replace those batteries.