Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

All three lights are illuminated on my garage door opener.

Customer Question
It will not open or...
All three lights are illuminated on my garage door opener. It will not open or close any of my garage doirs
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
3/4/2016
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 2 years ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi Dennis can you explain to me what 3 lights?.............the bulb?............indicator light on the opener?.............safety sensor lights?

The 3 blue lights on the remote control. One over each door button they are normally off and then blink when u press the button. Now all 3 are on constantly

Hi my name is ***** ***** am a Home Improvement Contractor with a vast array of knowledge in many fields including repairs done in a span of 38 years. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. I am asking you to help me, help you. So if I can ask you to take the time and answer, to the best of your knowledge. I am not there, on site, and it is that much more difficult for me, or anyone for that matter, to diagnose what the problem could be. That way, with your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved. My goal today will be to provide you with a satisfactory and a reasonable answer to earn an excellent service rating from you.

If I may ask:

1-) The make and model and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do they have either an amber, or green light that is on right now?

4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many remotes

5-) any flashing lights on the opener and how many times it blinks before pausing

6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

7-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Please, since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

The garage door works fine with all of my remotes except the one with the 3 blue lights lit. The problem is with the remote controller not the garage door opener

I need a lot more information...............just telling me about 3 lights on a remote isn't telling me anything.........it could be anyone of a dozen things on hundreds of openers that operate different ways.........I need makes.......models .........did you add another remote?.....is it a Home-Link?......what changed for it not to work now?............I explained this all above ........I am not there and I can't do it alone I have to rely on the information you can send to get you some viable solutions

It is a lift master garage door opener we have not made any changes or added any new openers I
Please cancel this inquiry. We are not making any progress. I appreciate your effort to solve my problem. I will not pay the additional $13 as my problem was not solved. Thank you