Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I red roofer to replace porch roof. replace rotten plywood…

Customer Question
i hired roofer to replace...
i hired roofer to replace porch roof. replace rotten plywood on a 3 1/2 sq. 1:12 pitch. Main roof 18sq. renail decking, replace shingle any damaged and supply wind mitigation report. tie both roofs together.
torch down on porch, covered wet, dry and molding plywood and old telt paper was covered over. plywood had holes larder than fist.
main roof still has 90% of old felt paper. plywood wasn't renailed to code or wind mitigation. layed underlayment first than put torch down materials were under area to be tied in. underlayment had areas 8 ft. long without nails. there were areas of decking left uncovered around the edges, underlayment wasn't smooth not even close.
worker tried to provoke a fight when i pointed out rotten wood on porch. through off property Feb. 8th-16.
Days letter i find out deck wasn't renailed or underlayment, and torched porch was not installed correctly.
It has stormed twice and left this way still. March 3rd, 2016.
I need to know how everything should be done corrctly.
Renail Decking to code and wind mitigation report.
Nailing and laying of underlayment.
Nailing of shingles
The 12:1 pitch roof and tie in
Drip Edge I dont know, I'am learning from internet so far.
THE ROOF IS STILL NOT FINISHED. THERE'S BARE WOOD
wILL SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO LOOK FOR SO IT DONT HAPPEN AGAIN???
it would be very appretiated. Thank You (Bad Roof)
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
3/3/2016
Home Improvement Expert: NCCPrime,
 replied 2 years ago
NCCPrime

Hello and welcome to the service. Please allow me a few moments to better assist you. Thanks