Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I just changed the thermocouple in a burnham model

Customer Question
P-206A-WNV gas furnace and the...
I just changed the thermocouple in a burnham model P-206A-WNV gas furnace and the pilot light stays on but the furnace won't fire so what's next ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/29/2016
Home Improvement Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Does your boiler have a vent damper? is it open?

The draft hood is working fine the furnace is not firing

Not what I said. I said to check the blocked vent switch on the bottom of the draft hood.

I posted a picture of the switch

Done. I am a general contractor with 45 years of experience and I still have not got it to work I know the basics

Ok, next jump out the flame rollout sensor that's above and just outside the burners. If you have a multi-meter you can also check for 24 vac at the gas valve.

I am running to the hardware store to get a new one of those

A new what? flame rollout sensor?

Did the burner fire up when you jumped it out? BTW you won't find one at a hardware store. Only a plumbing supply house is likely to have one

What you sent a picture of? You say a plumbing store will only have one of those

Yes. Did the burner fire up when you jumped it out?

How did this work out?