Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I got a basement that has 6,750 sq ft of wall rock is hung…

Customer Question
I got a basement that...
I got a basement that has 6,750 sq ft of wall rock is hung need to tape texture paint where am I as far as cost material is provided just labor
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
They put the tape on and coated it but did a terrible job need to sand coat and re coat texture ( knock down ) light skiff sand paint
2/29/2016
Home Improvement Expert: NCCPrime,
 replied 2 years ago
NCCPrime

Hello and welcome to the service. I be more than happy to assist you however i am not sure what is your question. Also, please provide the state you are in and if possible attack a couple of pictures here so I see the work that is done so far. Thanks

Question is in the state of Utah what is the labor costs per sq ft to tape texture and paint
Picture this your 5 year old daughter taped it I'm kinda pressed I don't have time to take pictures I thought this service would know a quick answer so I don't have to waste my time bidding a mess
Home Improvement Expert: NCCPrime,
 replied 2 years ago

Average price in your area should be $3 per square foot. I would recommend you get at least 3 estimates and ask all 3 contractors to provide proof of license, insurance and references. Please have in mind that the lowest estimate is not always the best deal. Your decision should be based on their work reviews, experience and references also. If you have any more questions do not hesitate to contact me. Good luck!!

Thanks
Home Improvement Expert: NCCPrime,
 replied 2 years ago

I know that it can be frustrating dealing with the wrong contractor when they end up messing everything up. You should definitely demand from him to compensate you. You should contact his licensing unit if he is not willing to work with you. Take pictures and ask from the new contractor to write down a description on what he is going to do and how the previous work was done so this way you have proof

Home Improvement Expert: NCCPrime,
 replied 2 years ago

You are welcome! If you are satisfied with my service I would apreciate your feedback by clicking accept and rating my service. Thanks

NCCPrime
NCCPrime
NCCPrime