Home Improvement

Connect one-on-one with a verified home improvement expert who will answer your question

Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

More related answers
All home improvement experts are VERIFIED
I've lived in a house now for five years is that enough for
Rick
Rick, Supervisor
I've lived in a house now for five years is that long enough for me to believe that the house was built well or takes longer than that to know?… read more
I had a deck built 2 years ago. We were trying to create an
Martin, Electrical Engineer
i had a deck built 2 years ago. We were trying to create an outdoor living room under it. After 1 year we decided to have the area under it finished into a year road paito room and now we are having l… read more
I live in Dallas Texas. I have a office in a older homebuilt
Machinc
Machinc, Retired
I live in Dallas Texas. I have a office in a older homebuilt in 1947. I had the house leveled up prior to remodeling about 10 years ago. I noticed over the years that the doors are getting harder to o… read more
Is the floor on a 1950s built light wood frame construction
Machinc
Machinc, Retired
Is the floor on a 1950s built light wood frame construction single story CA. Bungalow style house structural? How can you tell if it is or if it is not the case? The floor is elevated from the grade b… read more
Home main door entry install and adjustment. Hello, I recently
Machinc
Machinc, Retired
Home main door entry install and adjustment. Hello, I recently installed a Jeld wen firberglass double door entry. The door came prett square and upon install the only operstional concern was the main… read more
house has settled due to drought, have a crawl space/addition
MsBabyD
MsBabyD, Senior International Building Inspector
house has settled due to drought, have a crawl space/addition where it is noticeable. I got under there and I can see 1/2 inch of daylight in some spots. I have a French door that no longer opens well… read more
For a house built in 1989 did the builder have to use lentils? We
Brian
Brian, Architect
For a house built in 1989 did the builder have to use lentils? We are currently trying to sell our house and an inspector for the buyers discovered that our house doesn't have any lentils.… read more
We recently had a Napoleon LHD50Linear fireplace installed.
Stephen Cutler
Stephen Cutler, Registered Residential Contractor
We recently had a Napoleon LHD50Linear fireplace installed. (BTUs up to 30,000) We used a single sheet of GreenE board for the face of it. After using the fireplace, we now have 4 -12" cracks in the G… read more
I am doing a major renovation of a home and need some input
Eric M. Bright
Eric M. Bright, We Don't Comprehend the Word Can't!
I am doing a major renovation of a home and need some input regarding replacement of exterior doors. Which are better? STEEL, VINYL or FIGERGLASS. My hubby is disabled and in a nursing home so I'm not… read more
I would like to talk to a contractorWhen I bought my home
Brian
Brian, Architect
I would like to talk to a contractor When I bought my home the 20 x 20 attached garage had been turned into a bonus room. It was a cheap job with paneling on the walls and a cheap carpet layed on the … read more
How are house foundation companies to level a house certified
Dennis M. Smith
Dennis M. Smith, Retired
How are house foundation companies to level a house certified? How are the people who do this work certified? What is the top certification which they can have? How do you know if the company is reput… read more
Hi, I live in a second floor condo. I have an issue with a
Stephen Cutler
Hi, I live in a second floor condo. I have an issue with a large rectangular area of my living room/dining room where the floor has mild slope it but then there is one section probaby 6'x6' where the … read more
I am having an addition put onto my existing house. the existing
electrifier
electrifier, Owner - Contractor
I am having an addition put onto my existing house. the existing house is 5 years old and the addition is a one story add on and is completely new. It attaches at the sliding glass door in the old kit… read more
I live in Los Angeles in a home that was built in 1926. I am
Rick
Rick, Supervisor
I live in Los Angeles in a home that was built in 1926. I am going to replace the flooring with hardwood. The original flooring is hard wood flooring that is terribly damaged from termites and water. … read more
i have a slightly sagging beam in my family room ceiling. its
Dennis M. Smith
Dennis M. Smith, Retired
i have a slightly sagging beam in my family room ceiling. its not load bearing, and is only a 4x6 wood beam...where would i find a small steel I beam 17 ft long in the niagara falls canada area,,Thank… read more
I had my living room floor repaired, it is wood. This work ...
Home & Auto Expert
Home & Auto Expert, Inspector
I had my living room floor repaired, it is wood. This work was one in the Spring, later that year when the sdteam was on the floor started expanding, This happens every winter. Seveal floor specialist… read more
need helping looking up the best company to replace my old ...
Andy Lambert
Andy Lambert, Professional Home Inspector
need helping looking up the best company to replace my old windows on my house.not sure if its' consmuer guide to which are good windows to use to replace my windows and have the good housekeeping sea… read more
Hi Thank you for the opportunity to explain my ...
Andy Lambert
> Hi Thank you for the opportunity to explain my problem. We purchased a raised ranch (44x24) in 1979. Approximatele 5 years ago we added a 12x17 3 season room. We are desperately trying to convert… read more