Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I purchased a home with a Brinks Model# 5074 safe. I have no…

Customer Question
I purchased a home with...
I purchased a home with a Brinks Model# ***** safe. I have no key or code to enter.
Help! A serial number is *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
2/28/2016
Home Improvement Expert: Nathan, General Contractor replied 2 years ago
Nathan, General Contractor

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Kenneth.

Unfortunately it is not possible to get the code online, for obvious security reasons. These brinks safes haven't been made for many years and that trade name is ***** ***** used. Most of these models are no longer serviced at all, and ultimately you may end up having to call a locksmith to break the safe open for you though it would no longer be usable after that.

What you'll need to do is fill out a form, have it notarized (to prove ownership) then send it in (along with a check) to Honeywell (the parent company of brinks). They'll mail you back the original keys if applicable and/or the override code.

You can get the form here:

http://honeywellsafes.com/UserFiles/ContentPageFiles/ORDER%20REPLACEMENT%20KEYS%20&%20COMBINATIONS.pdf

There are instructions on it for sending the info in by mail, or you can pay the fee online and fax/email the form after it is notarized.

I'm sorry there is not a quicker resolution possible, this process is in place to ensure security, so that not just anyone could get a code or key to your safe.

Best regards,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Did you need more help with this, Kenneth?