Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Garage Door come half the way Down and Stop learn light keep…

Customer Question
Garage Door come half the...
Garage Door come half the way Down and Stop learn light keep blank will not go up are Down
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
2/22/2016
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 2 years ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi my name is ***** ***** am a Home Improvement Contractor with a vast array of knowledge in many fields including repairs done in a span of 38 years. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. I am asking you to help me, help you. So if I can ask you to take the time and answer, to the best of your knowledge. I am not on there, on site, and it is that much more difficult for me, or anyone for that matter, to diagnose what the problem could be. That way, with your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved. My goal today will be to provide you with a satisfactory and a reasonable answer to earn an excellent service rating from you.

If I may ask:

1-) The make and model and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) there are safety sensors on your door do they have either an amber, yellow or green light that is on right now?

4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many remotes

5-) any flashing lights that you now notice? How many times does the indicator light on the opener blink before pausing?

6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

7-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Please, since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

Chamberlain liftmaster professional formula 11year old one light yellow and one light green one wall unit and two remotes the learn light is flash no

the door needs a down force adjustment ......you say you are not capable?............ then you'll have to call in service

Thank you I rate you as a 10

no problem I hope I was of some help .............you could only click on the 5 stars to rate.............and I thank you in advance

regards

eddie