Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

My boyfriend and I decided to take on this hellish project

Customer Question

Hello! My boyfriend and I decided to take on this hellish project of installing laminate flooring in our house. We had carpet in the living room and vinyl floor in the kitchen. Trying to remove the vinyl glue and it's impossible. He's saying there is something under the glue too, perhaps a concrete sealant or something. My question is, we are laying a moisture barrier on top of the concrete and then putting down the laminate floors which have a pad attached to them-can we just put all that over the floors without having to scrape the glue completely off? What do you think the easiest way to handle it? The house is new by the way, built in 2009. Thank you
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

Hi Diane ...............you're never going to get that glue off without a fight so what you want to do is make it less sticky by sprinkling down baking soda and talcum and then you moisture barrier

Thanks

eddie