Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

We have a Pro-C irrigation system. We have 12 zones. All are…

Customer Question
We have a Pro-C irrigation...
We have a Pro-C irrigation system. We have 12 zones. All are working fine except zone 2. Water come out of all heads but there doesn't seem to be enough pressure to make the head pop up and shoot the water out.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
2/18/2016
Home Improvement Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You could have a leak in the line feeding the heads or the solenoid may not be opening completely (or it's clogged).

Where would I look for that? All zones are operating properly except that one

The first thing to try is to take the solenoid apart, flush it out and rebuild the valve. If that doesn't work then finding a leak in a buried irrigation line is probably best left to a leak detection company. There's no way a homeowners is going to find it unless you dig up the entire line or the leak is so bad you see water ponding on the lawn.