Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Need help in figuring how to draw a larger template from…

Customer Question
Need help in figuring how...
Need help in figuring how to draw a larger template from small photograph for woodworking cutout...
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
2/18/2016
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 2 years ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

hi Chris................can you send me the photograph so I can try and work out some sort of attack

It's the state of nc there are numerous photos online I haven't picked a single one ...

well start with the one you think you might go with and maybe I can reference it and find a way .......or an example of how we will get it done

Ok

and how big do you need the template for?

About a 22" by 12"

okay this would actually be pretty easy and will be very accurate.............this is how I would do this ...............take this map or a similar one down to Staples Office Supply and have them blow it up for you and have them print it to the size you need

http://www.mapsofworld.com/usa/states/north-carolina/

I hope that helps you .................let me know

eddie

It's a nice little project you have there

I hope the information was helpful and you would consider a good or excellent rating for the service

Thank you

eddie

staples can do that ?

yes ..........and like I said it will be very accurate for you

Kinkos is another

They say it's copyrighted and they can't ...any other suggestions ?

you brought a picture of a map didn't you ?

I called first

did they ask what it was for ?

I told them

I just called my Staples they said no problem doing it ...........color which you won't need is 22.00 and black and white is 5.00 and make sure there is no copy right mark on it

Ok I'll try another

were you able to get that done ?