Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

We have a Elite Chamberlain Residental Gate model

Customer Question
#csw200uldc3. we are having difficulties programming...
we have a Elite Chamberlain Residental Gate model #csw200uldc3.
we are having difficulties programming a remote to the gate. the remote is a Liftmaster 371LM. It should work bc we have two remotes that are identical to this remote...
any advice please?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
2/16/2016
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 2 years ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi Jill .........it would help if you could tell me what you did so far...........if you have a manual?..........single, double, or 3 button remote?...........what color learn button do you have?

Thanks

eddie

no manual, single button remote, not sure of color Lear button, pressed learn button on both remote and gate motor to program.

Hi Jill ........there is a radio receiver on your gate opener with a cover........remove the cover and inside you will find a small learn button there press it and an LED light will go on for 30 seconds ................with-in that time press the button on you hand held transmitter for 3 seconds and this should do it ..........if not maybe you have what are called dip switches inside the hand held to look for .......or we can erase all codes and reprogram again ........but I think the first instruction should take care of it .............please let me know

Thanks

eddie

I am at work now, I will try it today after work and let you know! :) I don't think it has the dip switches....
can I ask you this....is there a certain amount of remotes that can be programmed?

I think I read up to 31 ...........and unlimited with dip switches