Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

Closed garage door with key pad when I left garage but now…

Customer Question
Closed garage door with key...
Closed garage door with key pad when I left garage but now keypad not working and I'm locked out of house.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
2/11/2016
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 2 years ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi Jane ...............do you know what make and model it is ?......do you have any remotes accessible?...........tools?.............if you were able to do this pull off the keypad and the housing for it with a screwdriver and touch the 2 wires together....... the door should open unless the power is out or a blown breaker ................dont worry it is low voltage..........there's an outside possibility there is an override but I need the info to try and look it up.........a local locksmith would be able to get you in the house too