Machinc
Machinc, General Contractor
Experience:  Has written home improvement articles since 2008. Earned South Carolina Residential Builders License in 1991.
75209918

My liftmaster 41A4252-73 opener 1995. Door opens some times

Customer Question

My liftmaster 41A4252-73 opener 1995. Door opens some times and other times it won't open. Seems the eyes will work sometimes and not others. I replaced the eyes with new ones but the lights still don't come on all the time. I had power going into the board but not going out. But before I replaced the light sensors at the door the older lights would work sometimes but not always. Do I need to replace the board.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.

Replacing the board is the next logical step.

Before you do make sure there is no problem with the wiring .

Check for worn wires and loose or bad connections all the way to the control board. Wire splicing sleves ( especially the squeezecon type ) are common trouble

spots. Check sll splices in the wiring.

Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.

Another thing to check is the power source to the board ( the low voltage transformer ) if separate from the board.

After you are sure these items are OK abd there is still a problem then replace the board.