Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

My Liftmaster garage door openers stopped working replaced…

Customer Question
My Liftmaster garage door openers...
My Liftmaster garage door openers stopped working replaced batteries but still does not work do I have to buy additional ones?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
1/26/2016
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 2 years ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi my name is ***** ***** am a Home Improvement Contractor with a vast array of knowledge in many fields including repairs done in a span of 38 years. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. I am asking you to help me, help you. So if I can ask you to take the time and answer, to the best of your knowledge. I am not on there, on site, and it is that much more difficult for me, or anyone for that matter, to diagnose what the problem could be. That way, with your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved. If I may ask:

1-) The make and model and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it? Liftmaster model #

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) there are safety sensors on your door do they have either an amber, yellow or green light that is on right now?

4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many remotes

5-) any flashing lights that you now notice

6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

7-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

we can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

Thank you for your help and assistance

eddie