Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

5524 Storm 5.5HP 24" Self-Propelled will not start. What…

Customer Question
5524 Storm 5.5HP 24" Self-Propelled...
5524 Storm 5.5HP 24" Self-Propelled will not start. What spak plug shoulw I get
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/25/2016
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 2 years ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

best thing to do is take the old one out and get the number off of that .........then check your manual for proper gapping.............do you have a manual?

No I dont have a manual
Do you know where the air filter is located?

okay I will try and find you one.............and the air filter

Okay

does this look like yours?

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/183815/Troy-Bilt-Storm-Series.html

still working on the air filter ............have you seen a small box that might contain it?

yes to both questions?

No, Yest to that is the manual for it.
Meant to say yes for the manual.
Any luck finding air filter location?

no.........I'm not sure there is one..........how did you determine that there was?...........normal tune up would be the plug .....fuel bowl........and maybe the carburetor gasket

Where will I spray the starter fluid to try and start it?

have you maintained it ?....................were you using the same gas or did you dump it ?

Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor