Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I am painting my living room and dining room. The tile floor…

Customer Question
I am painting my living...
I am painting my living room and dining room. The tile floor I would say is beigey. I have bright teal decors through out the house. That includes a big painting in the dining room with large flowers, has teal, turquoise, greens.
Can you recommend a ***** ***** off white that would look great with the color scheme in my house? I feel that real white would make my floor look dirty.
Thank you in advance
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
1/23/2016
Home Improvement Expert: Susan Latta, General Contractor replied 2 years ago
Susan Latta
Susan Latta, General Contractor

Hi my name is ***** ***** I can assist you with suggestions for a paint color.

The color beige can be tricky in that it can lean towards yellow, pink, taupe or brown, so I can give some suggestions but it's always important to make sample boards and set them up or post them in the room where you'll be using them and study which one looks the best with surrounding colors and floor tile.

To do this, you can buy heavy poster board (I cut each one in half) and use one half for each color, several cheap paint brushes, and the smallest paint amounts you can buy. Buy 2-4 (or more) paint colors you like, and paint the poster boards. These will be your samples. (Usually one coat is enough).

Since I cannot see the floor tile, but I understand your reasoning, two colors for starters might be ***** *****'s Warm Sand CSP-280, and Camel Hair CSP-285. But I highly recommend that you go to ***** *****'s site to their color visializer and play around with the colors there first http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/for-your-home/personal-color-viewer

Here you'll pick a room first, then pick the room that best resembles yours with about the same amount of window light, then just pick a color to splash on the walls. It's quick and easy. To find my color suggestions, just type the name of the paint in the search box.

It's hard to pick paint colors just by using the color chips you see, because the lighting in our rooms at home are so much different than at the store, so by making the sample boards you could be saving yourself from mistakes or colors you don't like or are mismatched. Good luck and let me know if you have more questions.

If you feel I addressed your concerns, please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; this is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

By providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be happy to continue. There is no additional charge for follow-ups.

Hi there! Were you able to get ***** *****'s color visualizer to work for you?

You wrote into Just Answer with a question, with the intent of getting advice from an expert. You received advice from an skilled expert who took the time to reply, and who gave you good, experienced advice. I expect a reply or a question in return. Are you still there or have you abandoned your question? Should I abandon it as well to make room for others' questions?

Susan Latta
Susan Latta
Susan Latta, General Contractor