Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

ON MY GENIE POWER LIFT 900 THE ROUND LED RED LIGHT IS ON,

Customer Question
SAME WITH THE LONG LED...
ON MY GENIE POWER LIFT 900 THE ROUND LED RED LIGHT IS ON, SAME WITH THE LONG LED. I TURND IT OFF WAITED 10 MIN. PLUGED BECK IN THE LIGHTS ARE REMAINEN THE SAME. WHAT COULDBE WRONG ??
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
1/23/2016
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 2 years ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

are you talking about a garage door opener ..............and the lights are on on the safety sensors?

NO I'M TALKING ABOUT WHEN YOU PROGRAM THE GARAGE DOOR GEANIE UNIT ITSEF
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

okay for clarification this is my standard form ........take a little time and answer some questions as best as you can so we can get this fixed for you

I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. I am asking you to help me, help you. So if I can ask you to take the time and answer, to the best of your knowledge. I am not on there, on site, and it is that much more difficult for me, or anyone for that matter, to diagnose what the problem could be. That way, with your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved. If I may ask:

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) there are safety sensors on your door do they have either an amber, yellow or green light that is on right now?

4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many remotes

5-) any flashing lights that you now notice

6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

7-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

we can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

Thank you for your help and assistance

IT IS A GENIE POWER LIFT 900 I JUST GOT IT FROM HOME DEPOT I WAS TYING TO SETTING THE TRAVEL LIMIT,ROUND LED & LONG LED LIGHT STAYS RED.