Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I cannot get my remotes to work, Tried setting up a rearview…

Customer Question
I cannot get my remotes...
I cannot get my remotes to work, Tried setting up a rearview mirror in a new car, didn't work and remotes did work before bu not now. Help!!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
1/21/2016
Home Improvement Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 2 years ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi my name is ***** ***** am a Home Improvement Contractor with a vast array of knowledge in many fields including repairs done in a span of 38 years. I can help you with your difficulties but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. I am asking you to help me, help you. So if I can ask you to take the time and answer, to the best of your knowledge. I am not on there, on site, and it is that much more difficult for me, or anyone for that matter, to diagnose what the problem could be. That way, with your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved. If I may ask:

1-) The make and model and/or number of the unit in question and do you have the manual for it?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many remotes

4-) do you know where the OPENER MOTOR unit controls are?

5-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

6-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

7-) make year and model of the car in question

we can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

Thank you for your help and assistance

eddie