Marc
Marc, Handyman
Experience:  Plumbing, Heating, and home maintenance contractor
50715266

My salt tank is filled with water. what should i do?

Customer Question

my salt tank is filled with water. what should i do?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Marc replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using the service.

The brine or salt tank being full of water is okay, providing it is not overflowing. Water is introduced into the brine tank upon each regeneration, as well, it is pulled upon the amount of brine needed. I would recommend keeping an eye on it to ensure it doesn't overflow. If you need to add salt, then you can take some of the water out to add the specific amount of salt needed.

The float could be failing and letting in too much water into the brine tank, this can be repaired by replacing the float assembly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is never happened before the water is somewhat dirty
Expert:  Marc replied 1 year ago.

My suggestion is to use a bucket to drain the water out. Let the unit go into regeneration and see if it fills up again. If it does, I would suggest a rebuild for the float assembly or the control head as the plungers and o-rings within the control head could be failing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not happy with your answer . I am 72 years old recently had surgery. I am going to have to call Cullogan to come out. Please refund my money.
Expert:  Marc replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry you are not satisfied with my response. Unfortunately I can only offer suggestions for repair and have no idea as to your age and condition. I would highly recommend calling culligan to service the unit as they will be able to identify one of the two potential problems occurring and rectify it. As for refunds, I am unable to issue credits and you will need to contact customer service although I believe that you have not been charged for my services as of yet.

Expert:  Marc replied 1 year ago.

Good luck with your repairs and have a great day.