Machinc
Machinc, General Contractor
Experience:  Has written home improvement articles since 2008. Earned South Carolina Residential Builders License in 1991.
75209918

I can't get the pin to go in. Have tried oil, grease,olive

Customer Question

I can`t get the pin to go in. Have tried oil, grease,olive oil, everything is clean. I have tap the white gaget, tap with a hammer, nothing works!!!
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.

Get a small phillips head screw driver that is smaller but similar in size to the pin. If the oin is really small an ice pick often works .

Whatever you use it has to fit in the hole easily without any force or tightness.

Wiggle this while in the hole to make sure nothing is out of line. As you remove hold everything in place and then slip the pin in. If often the pin can be skipped in from one side as the screwdriver / icepick is removed from the other side.

Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.

NOTE: whatever you use it needs to be close to the size of the pin but smaller , it should go in easy and be loose enough to slightl wiggle.

Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.

I will be glad to answer any questions you may have.