Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

It's regarding a "Clicker" opener I'm trying to install on

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, and it's regarding a "Clicker" opener I'm trying to install on the outside of my garage.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just bought it at lowes and it says it's compatible with Wayne Dalton openers. I've followed the programming instructions but so far no joy
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Home Improvement Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Does the clicker say that it is compatible with your specific model of Wayne Dalton opener?

It has to be compatible with the 'transmitter' even more than with the opener, just by the way. That's a module that sits on one side of the opener, that is what the clicker or remote actually communicates with. It's even more esential to identify it (e.g. by what buttons and what lights are on it) than to match up with the opener proper.

It may b also that you simply got a defective clicker.