How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Machinc Your Own Question
Machinc, General Contractor
Category: Home Improvement
Satisfied Customers: 920
Experience:  Has written home improvement articles since 2008. Earned South Carolina Residential Builders License in 1991.
Type Your Home Improvement Question Here...
Machinc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a pilot tube ***** 794031.
, when going to

Customer Question

Customer: i need a pilot tube for a ***** ***** 794031.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when going to replace the valve the tech broke the pilot tube
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Home Improvement Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

What is the brand and model of your unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
marco 794031 serial number wh3058
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I can't find specs on your fireplace but I can't say that I've ever seen a "pilot tube" that was anything other than aluminum tubing. It's usually 1/4" OD rarely 1/8" OD both are available at any plumbing supply house.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is incorrect, a pilot tube has special ends from the factory. Those ends are not at any plumbing supply house. If you knew about fireplaces then you would know that. This site advertises that you are an expert and charges 18 dollars for a generic answer that isn't correct. I am sorry to sound rude but I came here as a last resort and you did no homework on the question. If the advice was free, I could understand that, but at 18 dollars a question. You should take pride in your work and answer the question with some knowledge.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Like I said I can't find specs on your unit. I don't have encyclopedic knowledge of every fireplace ever made. And what you describe is not typical. You may need to replace the gas and pilot burner if you can't make the connection with standard tubing and fittings.

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I'm going to open this backup to my colleagues maybe one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.

This is just a suggestion and then I will opt out.

You had a "tech " work on your unit and they broke the pilot tube. They should have replaced the part they broke .

They are liable for the work you hired them for and anything they damage while on your premises. This pilot tube shiuld be replaced by them.

Related Home Improvement Questions