Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

We have a 1950's garage door.Electrolift Superglide is the

Customer Question

We have a 1950's garage door.Electrolift Superglide is the name.When it closes it hits very hard. We stopped using the door. Afraid it could shatter the glass when it closes.Serial#E044652,Model#65456 117v
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

It is a good thing that you did that ...............you were insightful that it could shatter the glass....... I hate to tell you this but it might be time to change something.......I don't know if you are a traditionalist but the door you have is old, heavy and probably not very well sealed from the elements......the doors that are made now are light and easy to operate......... I looked for your model opener and it is antiquated as well........I was looking to somehow adjust the close force or the door if that was the problem........but by putting the foam it kind of threw things out of whack and might have finally caused a nylon part to snap and that might be why it has no control and acting erratically now.............there should be a manual disconnect so you can open and shut the door if needed..........just make sure to use the lock too so you will be secure .................thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your help
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

you're welcome.....please let me know if I can be of further assistance