Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17 years, L.E.E.D. AP
6457309

I am putting a floor in my attic. The attic has -in

Customer Question

I am putting a floor in my attic. The attic has blown-in insulation in the floor. It's too thick to screw plywood on top of the attic joists, so I'm running a 36" piece of plastic across the joists and bagging the extra insulation. The attic ceiling has no insulation. I want to use the insulation I took from the floor to insulate the ceiling. What type of paper should I use to contain the loose insulation? *****@******.***
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Ok, there are a few issues with your plan. It sounds like you plan to put a vapor barrier on top of the attic insulation. Is that the case? Do you currently have ridge and soffit vents?