Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

Raheem electric water heater just stopped working. Model

Customer Question

Raheem electric water heater just stopped working. Model 81v40d C
Any advice on where to start? Checked breakers.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

The first thing to try is to push the red reset button on the upper thermostat. Remove the upper access panel and the insulation behind it. You should see the reset at the top of the thermostat. Push it in. If it clicks it was tripped and you have reset it. You can do this without turning the power off if you're careful to not touch any of the wiring. Or just shut the power off if you don't want to take any chances.