Rick
Rick, General Contractor
Experience:  Licensed construction supervisor with 35+ yrs. experience.
94766

Finishing a basement bathroom and going to tile the floor.

Customer Question

Finishing a basement bathroom and going to tile the floor. Should I install 1/4" hardibacker under the tile or just tile directly to the concrete? Thought I would use 1/4" to raise up the tile to the level of future carpet.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Backer board is not used on concrete. You should use a crack isolation membrane or crack isolation thinset however.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would that be like Ditra?
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ditra can be used as a crack isolation membrane. It's probably the easiest product to access since it's sold at the big box stores