Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Wayne Dalton garage door opener model 3660 - 372.

Customer Question

I have a Wayne Dalton garage door opener model 3660 - 372. The motor operates but the black gear to the right of the motor gear is about a quarter inch away from the motor gear and not engaging can you tell me what my options are for repair?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is the bearing or fitting around the black gear, where it goes into the housing of the opener, loose or damaged-looking in any way?

If so, then that degree of damage would probably be fairly expensive to repair, possibly more than the cost of simple replacement.

If not... then you might doubtfull have a case of 'dropped chain' between the two. Look around on the floor for such a short length of dropped chain.