Machinc
Machinc, General Contractor
Experience:  Has written home improvement articles since 2008. Earned South Carolina Residential Builders License in 1991.
75209918

I am having to replace some roof panels on a metal building

Customer Question

I am having to replace some roof panels on a metal building and am having trouble matching the profile of the metal. Is there a way to look this up?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.

Identifying roof panels without a brand name or model number/ type IE "5v crimp" can be problematic.

Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.

If you are not sure of anything you have seen on line or locally it might pay to have a professional sheetmetal/roofing contractor contractor come out and bid in the job.

Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.

Many of them can identify a roof panel just by looking at them. There are also ones who can duplicate panels that are unusual or out of production.

Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.

If you want to do the job yourself you could have them identify what you need and pay them just for that. It could be worth it to find the right materials.

On the other hand their bid may be low enough that you would want them to do the replacements.

Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.

I will be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.

Thanks