Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have a Chamberlain LiftMaster garage door opener, Model

Customer Question

I have a Chamberlain LiftMaster garage door opener, Model 376LM or 376LMC? It was installed by the building Contractor 9 yrs. ago. Last year I replaced the exterior wall mtg. opener with a "Clicker Universal" it worked well until two days ago. I also have a Liftmaster handheld remote Liftmaster (uc:2666A) 1573. Number 373LM,that is also not working.
I have changed batteries in both units. My new car remote button works well by opening or closing the garage door as does the inside door operating switch. what do I do to get the outside door opener and the hand held remote to operate again? My door motor has a Smart button.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

hhello. My name is***** will assist you with your question..

Normally to pair a remote you would only have to press the learn button for a second and then press the button on the remote momentarily. When you do this make sure you don't press the learn button for longer because it will race all current pairings if you do. Is it possible that you erased the other pairings when you paired the new remote? That seems like the most logical cause.