Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

We replaced the 41A5021-C logic board on a 1999 Liftmaster

Customer Question

We replaced the 41A5021-C logic board on a 1999 Liftmaster Whisper Plus when the 893Max3 remotes worked intermittently, sometimes operating on first push, sometimes requiring three to nine pushes to operate. It had never done this in 16 years.
He suspected nearby lightening caused "random-code" problems.
The tech after replacing the board with 5021-I "reprogrammed" the remotes so only the long button worked. Now the remotes work on first push most times but will occasionally take several times to operate.
What's happening, and how can I fix it?
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

If this is happening on both remote send it is still related to the main unit. Although, it is also possible that the remote is simply worn out. Especially after 16 years. Are these the original remotes? If so, I would suggest trying to replace one of them and see if that makes a difference. Otherwise you may have to replace the entire Liftmaster unit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I indicated in my original our response had been tried already. I had installed a new logic board. I solved the problem following the re-programming advice for my exact unit on line from Liftmaster. I had been incompletely reprogramming the unit.Please cancel my trial, and do not charge my credit card.