How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Machinc Your Own Question
Machinc, General Contractor
Category: Home Improvement
Satisfied Customers: 920
Experience:  Has written home improvement articles since 2008. Earned South Carolina Residential Builders License in 1991.
Type Your Home Improvement Question Here...
Machinc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have a double wide been blocked up 20 years all around now

Customer Question

Have a double wide been blocked up 20 years all around now getting water under house can't see any holes in dirt or base of block . Sets on a small hill water start at front right corner get stonger as it run from right front to left front right beside block all the way been doing this about two years now look like a small grand canton front right corner about two inch time it get to left about six inch a couple places along is even deeper water get to left side and I got a lake now runs out my under house side door so far now around and pillows that I can tell but it want be long house is about 1 1/2 foot from ground on right from and about 3 1/2 on left front . Tried put quick creak on front of block about six inch up foot out didn't help . Can't see and holes under block foundation now back side is start to do same thing it's only about haft way right now . Thanks Rick
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Home Improvement
Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.

You can put a drain in front of the area before the water gets to the under block wall. Fill the eroded areas with gravel and fill dirt. Use quickcrete as needed

Berm the yard against the wall to direct the water back to the drain. Run the drain away from your foundation.

Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.

Just repairing the wall without putting in a drain to redirect the water will probably only be a temporary fix

Expert:  Machinc replied 1 year ago.

Depending on the lay of the land you may be able to redirect the water with some landscaping.

Related Home Improvement Questions