Home Improvement

Home improvement questions? Ask a handyman for answers

I have chamberlsin residentual garage door opener model

Customer Question
3255-2C. The security light...
I have chamberlsin residentual garage door opener model 3255-2C. The security light will not turn off. The garage door opens and closes with no issue and will stop closing if an object obstructs the safty sensors. The light switch on the wall control will not turn off the light. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Improvement
10/16/2015
Home Improvement Expert: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi there,

1. Disconnect power from the unit, and disconnect door control wires from the opener.
  2. Reconnect power only. Light(s) should come on. Allow 1½ minutes for light(s) to cycle off.
  3. If light(s) turn off after 1½ minutes, the problem lies with either the door control or wiring. Continue with step 5. If the light stays on, It's likely the logic board that is faulty and it will need to be repaired.